Monday, August 10, 2009

Coach Liz





Hey Team! Coach Liz here. This is my first time ever blogging, but after seeing "Julie & Julia" on Friday, I feel inspired! So here goes... a tiny bit about my summer. :)

It has been a whirlwind from the beginning! I finished up my duties as a School Counselor and Coach at Timpanogos High, and also coaching a local club team, the Utah Flight. Literally days later I was immersed in my new wonderfully adventurous job at UVU! I have traveled quite a bit this summer. In addition to recruiting in Portland and Las Vegas, I was also able to go the following places:

  • Lake Powell-with 60 of my closest friends ;) It was rainy, but we still had a blast!
  • Boise-for my little brother Preston's LDS Mission report. He served in New York City and will return to BYU in the fall. (And he is very excited to meet all of you! ;)
  • Star Valley, Wyoming-for the 4th of July with a friend's family. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery, great food, and plenty of fireworks.
  • New York City-to visit my older brother and his family. They live the coolest life in Brooklyn!
  • Lake Winnipesaukee-yes, the very same lake from "What About Bob". No we didn't do any sailing... but we did spend our days skiing, swimming, canoeing, and finding new cool toys to try and balance on as we pulled them behind the boat (Preston mastered balancing on a windsurfing board! I stuck to kneeboarding, a lost art. ;)
  • Bear Lake-I'm going in a few days with my family. Bear Lake is my favorite place on earth! Boating all day, raspberry shakes at night, it really doesn't get much better!
A few other things that you should know about me:
  • I love basketball and all sports really. I love playing them and watching them. I am pretty decent at most, I love volleyball, golf, football, softball, bowling, etc. However, I can't throw a frisbee to save my life.
  • I love musicals. I am a total showtunes nerd! (Don't make fun. I'll convert you all to Broadway!) My favorite musicals are "Les Mis" and "Wicked", which I have seen 4 times! At work I am usually listening to one of my Broadway Pandora stations.
  • I love my family. Even though we are all spread across the country, we are very close. They are my favorite people to spend time with. I have 2 nieces and 3 nephews and they melt my heart!
Last thing. I am thrilled to be at UVU! I feel so privileged to be able to learn from Coach Nixon and Coach B. And I can't wait to get to know each of you better! It is going to be a great year!

:) Coach Liz

1 comments:

Utah Valley Women's Basketball said...

It was fun to read your post! congrats on your first blog. You've done all kinds of traveling! i'm jealous! and 60 of your closest friends?? a. you must have lots of friends! and b. that must have an absolute blast! looking forward to meeting you soon. thanks for contributing to the blog!
BLAKE