Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My first post!! wahoo!


Team!! It's me, K-dawg, and in response to Blake's sweet but to the point e-mail I find myself motivated to write my first blog!! I have been SOO busy this summer as I know you all have been as well. It's interesting how we think the summer is our time off but we still find ourselves working so hard. Great isn't it? ;) 


I moved into Robyn's (Ron's) apartment room when she left back to the land of maple leaves and it's much bigger and gives me a lot more space for all my stuff. Kim, who has decided to stop neglecting the entire world and move back to Utah for the remainder of the summer, is my roommate and bathroom buddy. I know what you all are thinking but we've actually kept it pretty clean! ha ha. We share with Katie, our roommate who is recently engaged to Spencer, and Asumi. We all have a lot of fun although we barely see each other our schedules are so different.

I was working for my dad driving haul trucks again. Yes, I drive big ol CAT 740s for my dad at the point of the mountain. But I recently quit and am now enjoying coaching skills sessions at Lehi Legacy Center and getting murdered by Dave at Amp. It's a real love/hate relationship I have with him. By the way, how have ya'll been doing with that diet? I feel like I'm starving half the time. ha ha. 

I saved up some cash and took a trip to hawaii for a week this summer. I got really tan/fried and went on some really cool hikes to waterfalls. I even went cliff jumping into the ocean. It's amazing I made it home alive. It was so good to see old friends and teammates but the whole time I couldn't help thinking how blessed I am to have made the decision to be closer to home and a Wolverine. ;D  Changes happen in life for a reason when we are living our lives right and all I can say is that I really consider myself blessed. 

I want to give a shout out to Sandy on her engagement and I hope we all hear more on how her wedding plans are coming. Robyn, Jordyn, I hope you both are doing well in recovering from your recent surgeries. Take advantage of those pain pills and get healthy!! WE NEED YOU GUYS! I can't wait to see ya'll soon. Love you all so much and keep up the good work!

Love,
Kay

3 comments:

Utah Valley Women's Basketball said...

Kay! i'm glad to hear you're doin so well! thanks so much for posting a blog! luv ya

Utah Valley Women's Basketball said...

Yay! I am so glad to see you posted a blog! I love seeing how you are doing and am so glad you are having a fun summer! ~Lauren!

Rebekah said...

i love how all you needed was to save up some cash and then you got to go on a dream vacation...SO FUN! ...sweet tan by the way!
love, Rebekah