Wednesday, June 18, 2008








Hi Everyone! 

    Hope everyone is having a great summer!
 I love the summer sun! So, I just went to Cabo San Lucas w/ my dad, step-mom, and sister ... it was so fun! Such a perfect place to visit and
 get some over-due family time in! The first day we all fri
ed like little lobsters! We had 
spf 70 but that was still n
o match to the UV rays of the m
ighty sun! It was so nice though, even the burns couldn't keep us away from the beautiful ocean ... we just had to stay under umbr
ellas and drink tropical refreshments! (so rough ;) ) 
One of the nights we went next door for a fiesta, there were really fun show, an all you can eat buffet of authentic mexican cuisine, and a CONGO LINE! I was totally dancing in that ... but somehow i got right in the middle of a bunch of eight year olds, the poor kid behind me couldn't reach my shoulders! 
My sister and I went parasailing which was really cool... it was actually k
ind of relaxing! We went right by Los Arcos (Famous rocks in Cabo) there were really cool to look at from the air. We also went horse back riding
 along the beach! It was almost like we had jumped right into a pain
ting! My horse, Napoleon, wasn't the 
most cooperative w/ me, or maybe it was the other way around... my legs were a little to long for the stirrups so ever-so-often 
i would stand up to give my hips a break and the horse would stop. One time every one started galloping down the shoreline, so i kicked my heels to get going as well but Napoleon thought a nice little walk would do just fine. Finally, the horse leader had to ride behind me and talk to the horse so that he would go. It was really fun!
One night we attended a beach party and who should be sitting at the table in front of us? A group of attractive young men actually! Ooo la la it was a wonderful view - and later on we found out they were all from what part of the states? Well, Utah, of Course! Haha, it was so funny! The party also had a limbo Line! I tried to step over but they said that w
asn't allowed! shucks! 
Haggling was one of my favorite activities! Vendors would come up to us on the beach w/ ridiculous prices, but we got them to lower their prices! I really wanted to practice my spanish, but because it was such a touristy area everyone spoke english really well and i was too embarrassed to try too much. At night time we would watch movies in english that had spanish subtitles, i read the spanish more than listening to the english, it was so distracting and educational! 
That is pretty much the extent of my trip. I have made some really fun friends here from my ward, we all play basketball on tuesdays, volleyball on thursdays, and then find some fun adventure on saturdays! One of them actually goes to BYU so i'll get to continue being friends w/ her! 
Well, I love you all and really want to hear from everyone!
~LAUREN

1 comments:

James and Monica said...

You girls are just too cute!! What a good idea to do this for your team. GO Green!