Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Aloha from Coach Larson! Can you tell I needed a vacation?








Hello you Wonderful Ladies! This whole blog thing is going to let me show you a whole different side of myself! Maybe Sandy, Hollie, Jordyn, Asumi and Julie know a little bit of my craziness from driving with me through the years, but the rest of you, might be a little shocked!

As many of you know, Thad and I, Coach Nixon, Chris Nixon her nephew, Ray and Panda her brother and sister-in law and Darren our friend, went to Hawaii at the beginning of May! We were there for 10 days and had so much fun! This is a little video of our first night on Waikiki Beach. We were getting our new dive masks ready for the week's adventures, and you have to rub toothpaste on them to prepare them not to fog on you when you are diving or snorkeling! Coach Nixon interviewed me and asked me about the first day of our trip. Maybe it's because I hadn't slept much, or due to my need of a vacation...Missing you all!

We had a super fun time! We went to Pearl Harbor, The Polynesian Cultural Center, The Laie Temple, Hukilau Beach (where we held a cute Octopus that a diver caught!), Waikiki (surfing), and then we headed to the big island of Hawaii on the Kona side where we scuba dived, kayaked, hiked through the Volcano's lava tubes, snorkeled, AND DIDN'T EVEN GET SUNBURNED! It was fabulous. Feels like a dream now. A great dream. As you can tell from our faces, we didn't want to wake up!

Now we are busy with camp details! We start on Monday! We have 80 little kids coming that want to grow up and be just like you all! We'll teach them how to jump. And how to run. And how to shoot. And then just like you, they'll dream and dream and practice and practice, and before they know it...they're in college, with the last 4 years of their career to go. The WNBA is always an option, and so they keep dreaming. I'm dreaming about the time I'll get to see ya again!

I love you all! Remember that Jordyn and Robyn both had surgery. Give them a call of cheer!

If you want to come back...I can get you in the Stadium of Fire performance with a guest FOR FREE!! Call for info. They want you to go out dressed in your uniforms and perform for the crowd of 65,000 people. You will have floor seats for the whole firework show and you can bring a guest. They asked UVU before anyone for their athletes! So awesome! They would like atleast 8 players from our team! Please call me this week if you and a guest would like Stadium of Fire tickets and FAME!!!

Love ya!
Coach Larson

1 comments:

Utah Valley Women's Basketball said...

Coach! I'm so proud you posted something on our blog! Now we have four people that have written! it was fun to read it and see your pictures and it was really funny to watch that video! your nose was plugged up from the mask so you sounded all nasley haha... what's the ring of fire.. and when is it? that might be something i would like to do... but i just need some more details. thanks again for posting! miss you!
love BLAKE