Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hey Everyone,

I hope you are all having a great summer. It was so fun to see so many of you during June at our camps. We missed those of you who couldn't come but had a great time and successful camps with those of you who were here.

Our new assistant is Liz Darger. She got thrown into being a UVU coach last week when we went on the road recruiting to Portland and Seattle. Coach Darger (which is a very hard name for Asumi to say : ) is awesome and I am so excited for all of you to meet her. She is already working hard for you and is a great addition to our 'team'.

I have had a busy, fun summer. We had lots to do with hiring a new assistant and planning for camps but it was fun and rewarding. Sprinkled in with the work has been some fun. My family has a cabin near Jackson Hole, Wyoming and I have been able to go there a couple of times. We have had a blast being together with family, hiking, fishing, watching amazing animals (like deer, elk, moose, eagles) up close. It is my favorite place in the world and I wanted to share some pictures with you.

(Some of my cousins and me hiking in some beautiful mountains right by our cabin.)

(We all hiked to this amazing lake near the Tetons. Saw a moose just right before we took this picture!)


(My nephews Casey, Caden and me by the elk horn arches in Jackson Hole.)

I am so proud of all the hard work you are putting in this summer. I know it will pay off for our team. Thanks for being such dedicated, motivated teammates. It is going to be an amazing year. The game schedule for this upcoming season is almost done. We are going to have some FUN!!!

We sure miss having all of you around here. Not that Coach B and Coach Darger are boring but we do miss you!


I am so grateful for all of you and hope you are having a great summer. Keep up the good work. Time goes quickly so we have to make sure to live each day to its fullest.


Have a great day.


Coach Nixon

Quote of the day: One should not think so much about what one should do, but rather what one should be. Our works do not ennoble us; but we must ennoble our works. - Meister Eckhart

0 comments: